Monday, June 29, 2009

Farmington and Bloomfield Here We Come!

This week was wonderful . I love my new companion a lot. She is a hard worker, and has been really good at asking our investigators questions that make them open up in ways I hadn't seen before. She's also good at getting out of the lesson before the spirit leaves. So I am really excited to see what happens this transfer. We are so glad they put us greenies together! It's going to be a great transfer.

I did feel bad for Sister Abney on Sunday, however. Sister Weatherston volunteered us to speak in church before she left Bloomfield . . . and Sister Abney had to give a talk her very first Sunday! It wasn’t so bad for me though, since I've been in the ward forever.

Also, we will be covering both Bloomfield and Farmington 4th Ward this transfer, which is exciting. Sister Abney has some investigators in Farmington that are pretty close to getting baptized!

Remember back in April, when we visited that man who plays violin/guitar/mandolin? Well, before Sister Crossley left, she said that he is part of the reason why I might be staying in Bloomfield. I have been feeling for a long time that I needed to go back and see him . . . but I kept putting it off. Anyway, we went to visit him, and long story short, he let me borrow one of his violins for the day. Sister Abney had the brilliant idea of filling his violin case with scriptures and all sorts of little quotes; so that when we returned it...we were sneaking the gospel into his house. It was brilliant! He says, "Hi", to us all the time. I think we may win him over yet!

I really felt strengthened this week. I could feel your prayers, and I feel a lot of excitement about this transfer. I love being out here. I love the missionaries I am serving with...and I'm excited to be in the same Zone as Sister Crossley when she gives her departing testimony. She goes home in July.

I don't have too many stories this week. Nothing too much was out of the usual last week, pretty routine.

I love you all. Thanks for your prayers and support.

Ah Hey Ha = Thank You

Love,

Sister Waters

No comments:

Post a Comment