Friday, July 24, 2009

Yah-tah-hey!

Yah-tah-hey! (What's up?)

OK, so I didn’t get to e-mail until later in the afternoon because one of the sisters in the ward volunteered to do our hair today. She gave me some highlights and now I am VERY blonde. Very. But I’ve been almost every hair-color before, so it shouldn’t be that much of a shock. Hopefully.

We got to help out at the LDS Farm this week! It was pretty fun, and they let us bring home some fresh green beans, peas and peaches. We even got to take some to an investigator!

Then we went out to Blanco (one of two even tinier small towns in our ward) and tried to find a referral. We stopped at the post office to get directions, and one of the workers was a lady in our ward. She was cleaning out some old things and so we helped her load up her car with some heavy items. New Mexico is known for being the birthplace of the Atomic Bomb. So she found some “What to do if there is a nuclear attack” booklets that showed you how to make a shelter. They dated back to the late 50s early 60s. It was pretty interesting. At least the postmaster back then was prepared to send out material in case of a disaster.

Our investigators are making baby steps of progress, which always makes me really excited! But then they always stumble backwards too. SO that’s been a pretty frustrating pattern. That’s life though.

Here’s a great scripture I found studying this morning . . . I Corinthians 9:16-19. I love the phrase “a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me.” I hadn’t thought of it that way before, but as missionaries today, we help move the work of the Lord forward in this, the final dispensation of the fullness of the gospel. What exciting work! The real trick is to remember that . . . even on the hard days.

I hope girl’s camp goes well! And that everything is good back at home. I love you all very much and pray for you often.

I don’t have much else to say. Hope you all have a wonderful week!

Love, Sister Waters
Shideezhi Twoh (how you would say "Sister Water"in Navajo)

No comments:

Post a Comment