Friday, May 14, 2010

Hello! 4/12/2010

Hello Family!

More and more, I feel as if I have very little to write! This week was a little difficult, but it was good too. I am so grateful for the opportunity we have to visit the other sisters on preparation day. That has been such a tender mercy for me. There is such a strength there, and an ability to support each other that has helped immensely. I have been even more grateful for special experiences with the Holy Ghost this week. Maybe I am more emotional than usual, I don’t know, but there is nothing like having the reassurance of the Spirit that my Heavenly Father loves me, and that our efforts here, while imperfect, are acceptable to Him.

One of the attributes I wanted to develop on my mission was charity. I am still working on that one, but it has become even more important to me as my mission is drawing to an end. Helping people feel loved, and trying to bear real, pure sincere, testimony, and living witness of the truths I know will be more lasting than the little details that I tend to stress and worry about.

Yes, I fear I have become a “mission rules Nazi.” I tend to get irritated when rules aren’t kept. But then I have to remember that I am not perfect either. We all make mistakes.

We met with the neatest potential this week! She really wants to read the Book of Mormon, and she was going to read it while she flew out to Virginia to visit her ailing father, but ended up falling asleep. But she still intends to read it, and even talked about “next time” we come, which means she isn’t opposed to us coming back! We also met a former investigator that moved into our area. He believes that Christ could have come to ancient America and other lands as well. Yay! Everything in High Range tends to be new, new investigators and potentials. I hope that at some point, the people we meet will progress to be more stable investigators and or members!

My companion didn’t feel well this week, so we spent some time inside, which ended up being productive for me. I went through the area book and probably called 30+ people from the notes on people who had expressed interest at some point. I don’t know if any of them will call back, but at least it was a reminder, and a choice.

Yeah, there are some cultural differences between my companion and me. I’m sure I will look back at them and think it’s funny.

Well, I wish I had more to say. Maybe I will think of more as I sit here.

Love ya!
Sister Waters

No comments:

Post a Comment